Philippine Towns & Cities With 163,400 Gardens Of Edens!

 

Magically, I am looking at the multiplication of the Garden of Eden as a future perfect picture of Agriculture in my island paradise called the Philippines.

Above, you see the “Garden of Eden” image[1] I copied from Eden-Gallery.com, which I multiplied 10 times. Thus inspired, for improving Philippine Agriculture, I’m thinking of the Ten Commandments of the Modern Garden of Eden as:

Plant!
Plant!
Plant!
Plant!
Plant!
Plant!
Plant!
Plant!
Plant!
Plant!

And what is to be planted? Not is, but are to be planted:

Flowers
Fruit Trees
Ornamentals
Vegetables.

Those are crops in the list of the Science of Horticulture. In other words, the way I look at it now:

Horticulture is going to be the Savior of Philippine Agriculture!

Flowers (Floriculture), Fruit trees (Pomology), Ornamentals (Ornamental Horticulture), Vegetables (Olericulture).

Why do I call them Gardens of Edens? Plural and plural. You can have your own version of Garden, and I’m thinking of Woman as Gardener generically named Eden, championing each Garden. That would be perfect!

I got the idea of “The Perfect Garden Of Eden!” googling on the “food forest” that many people are talking about abroad and here in my beloved Philippines – look at the links and sharings in your Facebook pages. People now mix Agriculture with Forestry – and they should!

I’m counting the total towns and cities in the Philippines: 146 cities and 1,488 municipalities[2] (PSA.gov.ph); thus, if we had 100 hectares in each city & town, we have 163,400 Gardens of Edens all over the Philippines. If that happens, we will be living in Paradise!

Question: Why are there so many crops in each Garden of Eden?
Answer: Why not? If we had all those 163,400 gardens growing throughout the Philippines, their owners will be richer and the Philippines will be much richer in food and pleasant climate! Not to mention simply MuchRicher.

I am thinking of the Department of Agriculture as the Tempter for each Eden to cultivate her Garden. For 2021, the DA has enough budget for enough Gardens of Edens, I say. And Secretary of Agriculture William Dar has more than enough leadership. A lady leader assured me 8 years ago, in 2012:

“As manager, William Dar knows how to assign people.”

And in case you did not know, I am using the metaphor of the Garden, of Horticulture, because William Dar, our Secretary of Agriculture, is a Horticulturist by profession – he has a PhD in Horticulture obtained from UP Los Baños.

Given163,400 Gardens of Edens all over the Philippines, we will be able to resolve in these islands the climate crisis like no other country can!

And why would each of those Gardens of Edens be perfect? Because in each the essence of a garden is there:

There are plants, air, water, sunlight in happy relationships with animals. The Woman is Lord & Master, the Man is the actual Cultivator.

The people can come up with any combination of the crops for the Garden of Eden they like.

That, my friends, is The Philippines Future Perfect!@517



[1]https://www.eden-gallery.com/news/the-garden-of-eden/
[2]https://psa.gov.ph/classification/psgc/

Comments