My Intellectual Shift From Being Creative-Critical To Creative-Cheerful, Now Dedicated To Communication For Regenerative Agriculture

Since 16 April 1975, the first day I worked for the Forest Research Institute and on to become founder & Editor in Chief of its 3 major publications – monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly popular magazine Habitat – in the last 47 years up to 11 days ago as I write this, 10 Feb 2022, I have been simultaneously creative & critical; that is, if I disagreed with you, I would point out your error in logic – that wasn’t very nice, was it? What took me so long?!

How creative-critical has Frank A Hilario been? In the Dec 1980 issue of Habitat, I came up with an original theoretical paper titled “Development, The Eternal Spiral Staircase” (16 pages, 93-108), with which I presented a new theory I called Communication for Development (ComDev). Though I did not directly state it, this was clearly in opposition to the prevailing Development Communication (DevCom) paradigm of the UP College of Agriculture (now UP Los Baños) – obvious in the acronyms. I could have come up with another name and acronym to avoid what looked like an insult. [Thankfully, I have come up with the new concept-term Communication for Village Development 2021 (CoViD21); see my essay, “Regenerative Thinking… Regenerative Agriculture In The Philippines,” 26 Nov 2021, Primate Change, blogspot.com]. Meaning, I rethought my creative-critical self only 2+ months ago. But never too late to be nicer – and bigger!

More than 1 week ago, 11 Feb 2022, I created this new blog, For A (Happier) Philippines! (blogspot.com) where you find this essay, to remind me always to be of cheer even in the midst of uncertainty or displeasure. Thus, I will remain creative, unwelcome my own criticism, and welcome cheerfulness in saying something about anything.

Note the image above; the date is “17 September” and when I checked my image files, the year was 2019 – it was one of the many images accidentally collaged by my Windows 10. Why is that date important? It’s the birthday of this Virgo.

Everything is turning up roses!

Note also the time: 3:13, or 13 minutes after 3 in the morning – I took that photograph so, yes, I usually work very late at night and wake up very early. (I set my Windows 10 to military style of telling time of 24 hours, 0-24, midnight to midnight; if it were 3:13 PM, it would have instead said the time was “15:13.” I am meticulous– that is one of the characteristics of a Virgo. (And yes, Angel Numbers says “313” means “that your life has the potential to be better. You need to boost your self-esteem” – Erica Jensen, Ipublishing.co.in.)

So, from now on, with a symbolic 3-leaf green seedling on hand, I will offer mostly happy choices, mostly on the broad subject of what is now known as Regenerative Agriculture – with emphasis on Organic Farming.

And oh yes, I sometimes talk politics, but I always make sure I do it to promote agriculture. For a Happier Philippines – via a Happier Organic Agriculture!@517

Comments